UP News Anchor Was Chased By Two Drunk Men. Women Power Helpline Ignored Her And She Exposed Them - BSYnews.Blogspot.Com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

hellooo

Thursday, February 1, 2018

UP News Anchor Was Chased By Two Drunk Men. Women Power Helpline Ignored Her And She Exposed Them

Eve-teasing, stalking and molestation is so common in our country that sometimes people don’t even consider it. The bodies that are in power and are meant to help people in distress totally ignore the calls and complaints which further increases their sufferings.


An Agra, Uttar Pradesh based news journalist recently took to Facebook to narrate a shameful incident that happened with her. The journalist named Damini Mahaur who works with UP’s one of the biggest Cable TV networks said that she was stalked by two drunk men as she was coming back to home at 8 PM after covering her last bulletin.
Source
She alleged that when she called on 1090 i.e. UP Women Power Helpline, her call was ignored.
Damini wrote-
“On January 25, at around 8pm, I was followed from near Bhagwan Talkies by two inebriated youths on a motorcycle. They first made gestures at me and started stalking me. I was on foot. Initially I ignored them, but then they attempted to talk to me. Fearful, I changed my route, but they still followed me. I decided to take a picture of the number plate, but the man sitting on the pillion said it was a fake number and even struck a pose. There was no fear or shame on the youths’ face.”


Source
She tagged SSP Agra, women helpline, DGP UP and CM Yogi Adityanath, Mahaur and added-
“What happened with me that night was not such a big incident. But such men who chase and stalk a lone woman without any fear of police made me ashamed. They chased me. The next time they might rape a girl and destroy her life.”
Sharing the incident with Times Of India, Damini said-
“I was not helped for four days even after I made a distress call to UP women helpline 1090 explaining to the communication officer about the incident. Finally when I wrote about the incident on Facebook, the 1090 officers contacted me and apologised for laxity in carrying out their duty.”
The incharge of 1090, IG Navneet Sakera said-
“We have apologised to her for the incident and have also suspended two communication officers who failed to follow the standard operation protocol and showed laxity.”
Based on Mahaur’s FIR, Agra police took the action on Monday evening and arrested the two stalkers. The police booked them under IPC section 354D (following a woman and contacting, or attempting to contact such a woman to foster personal interaction repeatedly despite a clear indication of disinterest by such a woman).
We look forward to the day when we’ll have a stronger force to avoid such incidents happening with people. What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here